.

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Myer Indigenous Award

I am off tripping again - this time to Shepparton with Thanakupi for the Myer Indigenous Awards. Thanakupi is patron of the award this year and I know both of us will have a great time down there and I will be able to meet those I link with by phone and email. Our bus trip from Melbourne will take on a sobering role as I am sure we will see evidence of the horrific fires experienced last weekend. Weipa locals had a lively auction yesterday at the shopping centre and raised a tidy sum with lots of us donating time and goods to help the cause.

I spent a few hours sitting at the shopping centre selling my wares after the auction and was happy with the response so now have to set my hands aworking. Cups and beakers? Sorry none available...... seems I will have to sit and fill that kiln up with the oft requested items.
Now this is my No. 1 grandson at his favourite spot peering for fish. Don't you just love the effort and complete non-caring way kids do their stuff - sometimes I wish we could throw caution to the wind and be just as carefree. Shame we grow up!!!
Back to pots - love this textural effect with the bauxite, shino and cobalt on the Weipa clay mix. Need pots like this to keep pulling me back to the wheel.

2 comments:

Julia said...

Lovely pot! Your work is lovely.

judsculpt said...

Hello, I came across your blog and I haven't visited your site before. Lovely shino on that pot. I'm in Adelaide so it's good to hear from an australian potter.Judy